Viral analysis of biological and environmental samples requires rapid and efficient purification of high quality viral nucleic acids from various sample types. We are a leading supplier of the most successful tools used for viral RNA and DNA purification.
Magnetic Bead Viral RNA/DNA purification
Isolate RNA from viruses quickly and efficiently using the Applied Biosystems MagMAX Viral/Pathogen Nucleic Acid Isolation Kits or Applied Biosystems MagMAX Viral/Pathogen Ultra Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit. Features of this kit include:
- Automation-ready protocols designed for Thermo Scientific KingFisher Flex and KingFisher Duo Prime systems
- Fast procedure allows for 96 samples to be processed in <30 minutes
- Flexible protocol accommodates sample volume inputs from 200 μL to 2 mL of blood, urine, swabs, lavage, and various transport media such as Universal Viral Transport medium, and Eswab preservative fluid
- Compatible with bronchoaveolar lavage and other respiratory samples
- Elution volumes ranging from 50 to 100 μL
Automated Nucleic Acid Purification Systems
For fast, easy, and effective high-throughput sample processing, automate your nucleic acid isolation with the KingFisher Flex system, a versatile benchtop instrument for the processing of 24 or 96 samples per run. Features of this system include:
- High-throughput purification of 24–96 samples per run
- Easy to install and run (ready to run in 10 minutes or less)
- Choose from two plate formats for wide volume range (20–5,000 μL)
- Download existing protocols from a library, or easily customize protocols using Thermo Scientific BindIt Software
- See all purification systems
Spin Column Viral RNA/DNA purification
All of our viral spin-column kits including PureLink Viral RNA/DNA Mini Kit, Thermo Scientific GeneJET Viral DNA/RNA Purification Kit and PureLink Pro 96 Viral RNA/DNA Kit with 96-well plate are designed for fast and easy isolation of viral RNA or DNA from cell-free samples such as serum, plasma, cerebrospinal fluid, and cell culture supernatant.
- Complete solution for both viral RNA and DNA
- Yields highly concentrated viral nucleic acids for greater sensitivity in detection
- Ideal for real-time PCR and endpoint analysis
The RNA purification process consists of a variety of unique challenges, one of which is ribonuclease contamination. Even a trace amount of RNase contamination can sabotage your experiments. Our essential RNA products act as a complete solution to help you avoid, detect, and inhibit RNases.
- Surface RNase decontamination – The CDC recommends that prior to equipment preparation, researchers clean and decontaminate all work surfaces, pipettes, centrifuges, and other equipment using Thermo Fisher Scientific RNaseZap Surface Decontamination solution.
- Nuclease-Free Water – Certified nuclease-free water products available in a wide range of sizes and packaging formats for your viral research.
- Nuclease-Free Buffers & Reagents – RNA and DNA storage buffers, general-use buffers, and molecular biology-grade reagents-all rigorously tested and shown to be nuclease-free.
- Nuclease-Free Tips and Tubes (Nuclease-free tubes and tips) – Certified nuclease-free (RNase- and DNase-free) tubes and tips designed for handling RNA and DNA with confidence.
- RNA Stabilization – Stabilize and preserve the integrity of RNA either at the point of collection or even post-collection of your viral samples and also renders infectious samples non-infectious to keep you and your lab safe.
Nucleic Acid Purification and Analysis Support Center
Find tips, troubleshooting help, and resources for your nucleic acid purification & analysis applications.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.